Are you planning a field trip to Thomas Hughes Children’s Library at Harold Washington Library Center? We serve children through eighth grade, parents, teachers and adults exploring the children's collection.
- Field trips are for children through eighth grade and adult students wishing to explore the children's collection. (A tour of HWLC for high school-age teens, college students and community organizations can be arranged separately.)
- Most field trips last 30 to 90 minutes; we'll tailor your visit to fit your needs.
- If possible, please provide multiple preferred dates and times for your field trip. Field trips may be booked up to three months in advance. Some programs, such as book talks, require four weeks' notice.
- A staff member will contact you via email to customize and finalize your field trip plans.
- Additional questions? Check the Tours and Field Trips FAQs or call us at (312) 747-4200.