Any time is a good time to play. But at Chicago Public Library, October is the month where we celebrate play and encourage everyone to take the time to play as a family. This year, we have multiple events you can enjoy
Here are some new ways you can play along with us:
- Monday, October 10, 10:30 a.m., Juggling Funny Stories with Chris Fascione at Woodson Regional
- Tuesday, October 11, 10:30 a.m., Pocket Circus at Harold Washington Library Center
- Thursday, October 13, 10:30 a.m., Pocket Circus at Legler Regional
- Saturday, October 22, 10:30 a.m., Musical Play with Scribblemonster at Sulzer Regional
- Pick up a Days of Play Grab and Go Kit at your neighborhood library (while supplies last). This kit features items that will take you on an adventure filled with new ways to play!
For even more ways to play, try these activities and books from past years:
- Make a basketball arcade game using cardboard and other household materials.
- Play along with Ms. Lisset in English and Spanish as she leads a story time all about Latinx Music.
- Ms. Lori and Kira will show you how to play a game for all ages called Picture This using materials in your house.
- Try games from around the world.
- Books can inspire, too! Check out these books about make believe to help you use your imagination or these books about getting creative.