The film festival celebrates independent films that tell the stories and explore the images, heritage and history of the worldwide black experience.
Screenings feature post-film discussions and complimentary tickets to this year's Black Harvest Film Festival at the Gene Siskel Film Center (August 3-29). Refreshments are provided. All screenings are first come, first served until capacity is reached.
This summer's films:
- Chi-Town, Nick Budabin: June 28 at Coleman Branch, July 8 at Greater Grand Crossing Branch
- Personal Statement, Juliane Dressner and Edwin Martinez: June 26 at Austin Branch, July 3 at Legler Regional Library, July 5 at Coleman Branch
- The Area, David Schalliol: July 15 at Legler Regional Library
- Color of Art, David Weathersby: July 17 at Austin Branch, July 22 at Legler Regional Library
- The G Force, Pamela Sherrod Anderson: June 24 at Greater Grand Crossing Branch, July 10 at Austin Branch
- Shorts, Various filmmakers: July 1 at Greater Grand Crossing Branch, July 12 at Coleman Branch