Teens, start your summer off with some DIY grab and go kits. Every CPL location has a limited number of kits for you to make and take to help you complete your City of Stories Pick 4 Board.
Can't make it in to your local branch? You can replicate some of the kits with items around the house.
Block Print Postcards Kit
Level up your prints with these resources:
- Take your prints to the next level by creating an image with two colors! Check out this guide from the Dartmouth Library
- Want to learn more about different printmaking techniques? Check out The Encyclopedia of Printmaking Techniques
Bath Bomb Kit
Combine your kit supplies to explore additional DIY projects:
- DIY Essential Oil Diffuser Necklace
- Clay Diffuser - Natural Air Freshener
Five Senses of Style: Part 3 - Scent
- Learn about aromatherapy and why smell is linked to our memory and emotions. Learn how to make scent a component of your personal style with Kiam Marcelo Junio as your guide.
Looking for journal inspo?
- Check out artist Marsha Valk's mixed-media take on a similar project, opens a new window
- Seventeen Magazine's mental health journal prompts, opens a new window can help you fill your journal and check off that self-care square
- Dive into the history on the accordion-fold style of book binding, opens a new window that was popularized in Japan, along with this gorgeous example from The Met, opens a new window
One Kit, Three Books
DM us @youmediachicago so we can share your works of art and activism!
You can also check out all our previous summer 2021 and 2020 kits we had last summer to get more inspiration.
If you want additional instructions for the kits, email email@example.com for more details.