Teens, start your summer off with some DIY grab and go kits. Every CPL location has a limited number of kits for you to make and take to help you complete your City of Stories Pick 4 Board.
Can't make it in to your local branch? You can replicate some of the kits with items around the house.
Block Print Postcards Kit
Level up your prints with these resources:
- Take your prints to the next level by creating an image with two colors! Check out this guide from the Dartmouth Library
- Want to learn more about different printmaking techniques? Check out The Encyclopedia of Printmaking Techniques
Bath Bomb Kit
Combine your kit supplies to explore additional DIY projects:
- DIY Essential Oil Diffuser Necklace
- Clay Diffuser - Natural Air Freshener
Five Senses of Style: Part 3 - Scent
- Learn about aromatherapy and why smell is linked to our memory and emotions. Learn how to make scent a component of your personal style with Kiam Marcelo Junio as your guide.
Looking for journal inspo?
- Check out artist Marsha Valk's mixed-media take on a similar project, opens a new window
- Seventeen Magazine's mental health journal prompts, opens a new window can help you fill your journal and check off that self-care square
- Dive into the history on the accordion-fold style of book binding, opens a new window that was popularized in Japan, along with this gorgeous example from The Met, opens a new window
One Kit, Three Books
DM us @youmediachicago so we can share your works of art and activism!
If you want additional instructions for the kits, email email@example.com for more details.