Adults, read along with us this month and be entered in a drawing for a Chicago Public Library T-shirt; a copy of I'll Take You There, this year's One Book, One Chicago selection; a copy of Mavis!, a documentary on gospel/soul music legend and civil rights icon Mavis Staples or a copy of Staples' latest CD, If All I Was Was Black, accompanied by a pair of CPL earbuds.
This month, read a music-related book as part of this year's One Book, One Chicago theme of Music: The Beat of Our City.
Need a recommendation? Here are some suggestions we've compiled:
- The Beat of Our City: Fictional Reads
- The Beat of Our City: Nonfiction Reads
- The Beat of Our City: Recommended by Greg Kot
- America’s Music Preservationists: The Lomaxes
- Rockin’ Reading: Musician Memoirs
- #TBT: Celebrating Etta James
- #TBT: Dizzy Gillespie’s 100th Birthday
- #TBT: Janis Joplin, Queen of Psychedelic Blues
- #TBT: 100 Years of Thelonious Monk
Let us know in the comments which book you're reading. In March we’ll draw winners from all the entries.
Watch for a new challenge and more chances to win in March!
Reading more than one book? Feel free to leave multiple comments, but please note the drawing will include only one entry per reader. CPL staff, please share what you're reading, but please note staff are not eligible to win.
Thanks to the Chicago Public Library Foundation for supporting our challenge.
Which music-related book are you reading this month?