I cherish memories of spending time with my dad growing up on the South Side of Chicago, bonding over pizza and movies. It's times with my dad that made me into the father that I am today. As we honor fathers and fatherhood this month, check out these picture books celebrating dad:
The Daddy Book: The Daddy Book is a sweet ode to all the awesome types of dads out there. This colorful and cute book is a must-read this Father's Day.
A Tale of Two Daddies: Sometimes there are two daddies, which makes double the father power in this tale of adoption.
Mister Seahorse: Mothers aren't the only ones to carry their young until birth. Learn about the fantastical Mr. Seahorse and other fish dads who care for their eggs.
Daddy Hugs: How many hugs does it take to say I love you? Count the hugs and find out.
The Daddy Goose Treasury: We've all heard of Mother Goose rhymes, but what about the backstory on how those rhymes came about from a distant relative, Daddy Goose? This may be how dad jokes got started.
In Daddy's Arms I Am Tall: One of the most inspiring books about fatherhood celebrates the essence of fatherhood through the voices of 12 poets.
Up on Daddy's Shoulders: Enjoy that feeling of being tall, proud and secure on top of Daddy's shoulders.
Dads, find parenting resources on these websites:
- 8 Bit Dad: 8BitDad is a blog for geeky dads who love everything old school. It's filled with hilarious parenting stories, product reviews and bits of nerdiness.
- Mr. Dad: Mr.Dad is for new dads and any father who wants to be a better parent. Find book reviews, coaching, podcasts, fatherly advice and more.
- Mocha Dad: Mocha Dad is focused on helping men be better dads, husbands and role models.
- Dads Who Diaper: This cool dad blog is full of useful nuggets and DIY projects.
- Chicago Dad's Group: Meet up with other dads for play dates, fantasy football and good ol' male bonding.