The Maker Lab, on the 3rd floor of the Harold Washington Library Center, offers free workshops, open lab hours and drop-in demonstrations.
- Phone: (312) 747-4300
- Monday: 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Tuesday: 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Wednesday: 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Thursday: 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Digital design software
- 3D printers
- Laser cutters
- Milling machines
- Vinyl cutter
Using the Maker Lab
Participants must be 14 or older.
No registration is required for open shop.
Workshops are free; supplies are provided unless otherwise stated.
- Register to reserve a seat. If you are unable to attend, call (312) 747-4400 to cancel your registration.
- Walk-ins are welcome if seats are available.
- 3D-printing classes accommodate eight participants.
- Vinyl-cutting classes, laser-cutting classes and other workshops accommodate 12 participants.
- Lectures and information sessions generally do not require registration.
If you have a group of five or more and wish to attend a workshop, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 747-4400.