The Whitney M. Young, Jr. YOUmedia serves the Chatham, Greater Grand Crossing, Park Manor, Chesterfield and Avalon neighborhoods. High school students, come explore, create, collaborate, check out books, develop new skills and lead with us!
- Monday: 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuesday: 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday: 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Thursday: 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Friday: Hours vary, contact us for current hours
- Saturday: Hours vary, contact us for current hours
What We Do
- You can borrow laptops, play videogames and use other digital media while in YOUmedia.
- The Whitney M. Young Jr. YOUmedia space also has a recording studio for teens. Talk to staff members for information about using the studio.
YOUmedia equipment is available for free to teens in high school. First-timers need to sign up. Returning students just need to sign in.
Learn more about YOUmedia's history, philosophy and partnerships.
You can hang out, mess around and geek out. All YOUmedia locations have laptops, cameras, music and gaming equipment, and some YOUmedia locations have 3D printers, vinyl cutters and more. It's an open environment where you choose what you want to do and skilled library staff provide coaching and assistance. And of course there are books, too!
YOUmedia is available at more than twenty CPL locations.
Check with each YOUmedia location for hours.
YOUmedia is free. It doesn't cost anything to use equipment or visit any YOUmedia space.
If you're in high school, bring your school ID and your library card if you have one.
If you're in sixth through eighth grade, just bring yourself.
If you don't have a library card, you can still visit YOUmedia, and we can also help you get a library card.
No, but you'll need to fill out a form with your name, address and what school you attend when you visit YOUmedia for the first time.
YOUmedia offers a variety of equipment and devices for use in the YOUmedia space. You can use these items regardless of any fees on your account.