Robert W. Krueger Photograph Collection
CPL's Digital Collections document life in Chicago through archival images, documents and artifacts.
In 1984, Chicago Public Library began working with local photographer Robert Krueger to document the North Side.
Krueger photographed hundreds of restaurants, street scenes, parks, businesses, schools, houses, cemeteries, religious institutions, community events and residents of Northside neighborhoods. These photographs are a sample of his work.
The Robert W. Krueger Photograph Collection is housed in the Northside Neighborhood History Collection at Sulzer Regional Library.
Questions or concerns about rights and access to this digital collection? See our Copyright and Takedown Policy.
Acknowledgment of Harmful Materials
Chicago Public Library collects images, documents and other archival materials from different communities and time periods to preserve and make available the cultural and historical record. As historical objects, some of these materials contain harmful or disturbing content. CPL presents these artifacts as an unfiltered social record and does not endorse the views expressed therein.
Related CPL Resources
- Robert W. Krueger Photograph Collection
- Ravenswood-Lake View Community Collection
- Chicago Neighborhoods Archival Collections: Additional collections focusing on Chicago’s neighborhoods.
- Chicago Newspapers: Online and microfilm
Related External Resources
- Edgewater Historical Society: Exhibits, events and tours of the Edgewater neighborhood.
- Ravenswood-Lake View Historical Association: Events, publications and tours focusing on Chicago Northside neighborhood history.
Chicago History Blog
History & Genealogy Events
South Side Home Movie Project: Preserving Our Memories for…Mar 29th | 6:30pm - 8:00pmOnline Event
Black Nurses in Chicago ProjectApr 1st | 12:00pm - 1:00pm
The History of Bowling in ChicagoApr 5th | 6:00pm - 7:30pm
Harold Washington Commemorative Event: Author Gordon K.…Apr 19th | 6:00pm - 7:00pm
Genealogy ClubApr 22nd | 10:00am - 10:45am