The Northside Neighborhood History Collection highlights historical and contemporary materials about Northside neighborhoods.
Archival Collections has a list of all CPL collections and finding aids.
- Phone: (312) 742-4455
- Tuesday: 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Additional hours by appointment
Areas of Interest
We have historical materials from several Chicago neighborhoods:
- Albany Park
- Edison Park
- Lake View
- Lincoln Square
- Logan Square
- North Center
- Norwood Park
- Portage Park
Using Northside Neighborhood History Collection
We welcome visitors during our open hours and by appointment. We offer research orientation sessions by appointment for instructors and classes.
Given the special nature of our materials, we ask you to conform to security and handling precautions:
- Complete a registration form and present valid photo ID before receiving materials.
- Use materials only in the Reading Room.
- Contact us in advance of your visit if you are interested in unprocessed collections.
- Chicago History: Explore the rich tapestry of Chicago history at CPL.
- Archival Collections: A list of CPL collections and finding aids
- Digital Collections: Chicago images, newspapers and more
- Special Collections at Harold Washington Library Center
- Vivian G. Harsh Research Collection at Woodson Regional Library