Are you interested in 3D printing? Looking to design something fun and unique? Join us this summer as part of Make Summer Yours: Start with Art and make your own miniature sculpture for our community sculpture garden.
Using free, 3D modeling programs such as TinkerCad, you can create, design and print a sculpture that will be part of our community sculpture garden display. Share and submit your design to have it printed at one of our print pick-up locations and be a part of this fun collaborative citywide movement. What sculpture will you design?
How Do I Participate?
- Create an account on Tinkercad with the help of a parent or caregiver if you're under 13.
- Watch the tutorial videos to help you create a sculpture.
- For further assistance, sign up for one of our Zoom 3D printing workshops.
- Fill out the form below to submit your design. If you have any questions, email CPLkids@chipublib.org.
- Your 3D design can be printed. You can pick up a print of your design at one of 16 CPL locations.
How Can I Get Help?
Register for one of our online workshops to see a 3D printing demonstration or get hands-on practice and helpful suggestions for using Tinkercad.
- 3D Treasures series, Mondays, 2:00 - 3:30 PM beginning July 12
- Citywide Summer: 3D Printing Workshops, various times beginning July 10
You can also watch our Tinkercad video tutorials and view, step-by-step, how to get started on creating a sculpture. Also, you have access our CPL kids classroom TinkerCad account to see examples of sculptures, access various templates, or design your own sculpture. Follow these steps to access the account:
- Go to the Join Class page on Tinkercad.
- Enter your class code:T2TU 4PA3 KKFP
- Enter the nickname: SLC2021
- To use the template designs, please create a duplicate and then make edits. This ensures the templates are available for everyone.
- Please only submit a sculpture for printing. We will not be able to print other designs at this moment.
- Each participant is limited to four prints maximum.
- Please give us one to two weeks to print your design. Depending on the size of your design, we may need to make adjustments.
- Wanted to put your sculpture on a pedestal? Upload this design to TinkerCad to use this template.
- In order to prevent long print times, please make sure your print isn’t too large and fits in a 60mm x 60mm x 60mm cube.
- While supplies last, earn a 3D printed art tool when you submit and pick up your print design.
Submit Your Design
Kids, please ask your grown-up to fill out this form. Chicago Public Library cannot collect personal information online from kids 0 to 13.