Registration is now open for the Chicago Maker Challenge. Chicago Public Library has once again partnered up with Motorola to encourage students in grades 5-12 to solve problems with technology to connect people and make their lives better and easier.
- Register at chicagomakerchallenge.org by March 6, 2015.
- Think of a community problem you want to solve.
- Create a hardware, software or combined technology solution that solves the problem you've identified.
- Create and send a one to five minute video of your project by May 8, 2015.
Students can enter the challenge as an individual or as part of team and will be given a starter kit with resources for the project at the Chicago Maker Launch Party.
Register for the official Chicago Maker Challenge Launch Party:
- February 26, 2015
- 4:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Motorola Mobility, 222 W. Merchandise Mart Plaza, Suite 1800
If you aren't able to attend the launch party, starter kits will be available at HWLC YOUmedia starting February 27.