Local visual artists, are you interested in exhibiting at Harold Washington Library Center in 2018? Artists working in any visual media are encouraged to apply.
Selected artists will have an eight-week exhibition in either the 8th floor exhibit cases or the exhibit cases in the Popular Library on the ground floor.
Preference will be given to artists willing to teach at least one art or craft class to adult library patrons as part of Makers on 8, a program of CPL’s Maker Lab. Previous workshops have included drawing, printmaking, watercolor, illustration, book making, collage and knitting, among other topics. Workshops are two to three hours with up to 12 adults. A small honorarium will be offered plus the cost of materials covered.
Harold Washington Library Center is at 400 S. State Street, Chicago 60605.
Exhibit Case Dimensions
8th Floor Exhibit Cases
- North wall exhibit case: 246.5” long x 91” tall x 42.75” deep
- South wall exhibit case: 246.5” long x 91” tall x 42.75” deep
- North upright exhibit case: 50” wide by 70 high” (inside dimensions 57" wide by 62" tall by 17.25" deep)
- South upright exhibit case: 50” wide by 70 high” (inside dimensions 57" wide by 62" tall by 17.25" deep)
- Two black flat cases: 58" long x 26" wide x 8.5" tall
Ground Floor, Popular Library
- Two upright cases with three lighted shelves, 50” wide by 70” high, shelves are 19” high (shelves are not removable)
Visual artists who live in Chicagoland (city and suburbs).
To be considered, please submit the following (all in one document if possible):
- Resume or CV
- Contact information including email, home address and phone number
- Brief description of proposed exhibit
- Indication of which location you prefer (ground floor or 8th floor)
- Five images of artwork with dimensions, medium and year
- Indication of whether we may add your proposal to the Chicago Artist Files
- Brief description of proposed workshop
- Email entries to email@example.com.
- Deadline is 5 p.m. Friday, October 27.
- Decisions will be announced by December 1.