Acting mayor of Chicago, 1873
- Republican Party
- Elected acting mayor by the City Council August 18, 1873 to serve while Mayor Joseph Medill traveled to Europe for health reasons. Bond filled out the rest of Mayor Medill’s term, serving until December 1, 1873.
- Inauguration: August 22, 1873
- Born October 27, 1829 in Ravenna, Ohio
- Started practicing law in Chicago in 1854
- Married Amie Scott Aspinwall in 1856; together they had one daughter.
- Served as alderman of the 11th Ward
- Served two terms in Illinois Legislature, 1867-1871
- Died April 15, 1903 in Chicago
- Buried in Rosehill Cemetery, Chicago
- Andreas, A.T. History of Chicago: From the Earliest Period to the Present Time. A.T. Andreas, 1884–86.
- Ahern, M.L. Political History of Chicago (Covering the Period from 1837 to 1887). Donohue & Henneberry, 1886.
- "Death Comes to L L Bond: Long a Patent Attorney." Chicago Daily Tribune, April 16, 1903, p. 7.
- Grossman, James R., Ann Durkin Keating and Janice L. Reiff, editors. Encyclopedia of Chicago. University of Chicago Press, 2004.