The Little Village Branch Mini Maker Lab is open for six weeks from Monday, October 13, to Saturday, November 22. This will be the lab's final branch visit for 2014.
The Mini Maker Lab workshops are made with beginners in mind, so if this is your first time 3D printing, you're in the right place!
Stop by the Mini Maker Lab to:
- Create your own designs and fabricate them with the push of a button
- Learn about the Chicago maker community and how you can get involved
- Try out free software that you also can download at home
- Learn about educational and career opportunities available in computer-aided design
- Monday and Wednesday: 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday and Thursday: 1:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Friday: closed
- Two Up! Mini 3D Printers
- Two Silhouette Cameo Vinyl Cutters
- One Kinect Camera to scan 3D printed busts
- Additional crafting supplies
The Mini Maker Lab will feature making workshops like:
- Get Scanned and Print a 3D Bust
- Create a Vinyl Sticker
- Create a Patterned Greeting Card
- Create 3D Earrings
- Create a 3D Key Chain
- Create a Vinyl Heat Transfer
- Use a Hacked Electronic Knitting Machine
- Explore the Mini Maker Lab
Using the Mini Maker Lab
Although workshops are intended for ages 14 and up, we can accommodate a school-age child sharing a work station with a parent or guardian. For more information, or to register for classes, call (312) 745-1862.