Hey teens, looking for a job this summer? Want to build your skills and work at the library?
- Apply online at One Summer Chicago for up to 150 different paid teen intern positions at Chicago Public Library.
- After you complete the basic profile information in your One Summer Chicago application, you'll be directed to the After School Matters website to learn more about internships at CPL.
- Search for the keyword "library" on the After School Matters site to find positions at 51 different CPL locations.
- CPL sites and schedules vary, however, each After School Matters internship will be scheduled to work from June 29 to August 7.
- Interns will be paid $10.50/hour for 16 hours/week.
- CPL interviews will be scheduled after May 1. Selected candidates for internships will be contacted after that date for an interview.
- Applicants for CPL internships must be at least 16 years old (or have a work permit) and currently be enrolled in high school (graduating seniors will be considered).
If you're called for an interview, be sure to prepare for it! Check out these books on interviewing—in print and as downloadable audiobooks—before the big day, and good luck!
Summer 2020 After School Matters internships at CPL are made possible in partnership with the Greater Chicago Food Depository and One Summer Chicago.