Each month we spotlight a teen at CPL.
It looked as though Antonio B had recently visited the museums of Illinois’ Cantigny Park (http://www.cantigny.org/museums), where teens can envision the experiences of U.S. Army figures.
Using unique shading and experimentation with light, Antonio used an Artisto app to create some interesting 3-D like images he used to portray war, as well as inner battles and demons within one’s self.
The 2016-17 Teen Winter Challenge Jury:
- Ade Abioye of Chicago Public Library's Teen Services Department
- Christine Bespalec-Davis, Education and Programming Manager at the National Veteran's Art Museum
- Hillary Cook, Assistant Director of Youth Programming at the Art Institute of Chicago
- Joel Javier, Education Manager at Intuit: The Center for Intuitive and Outsider Art
- Joshua Slater, Teen Programming Manager at Hyde Park Art Center
- Matt Egan of Chicago Public Library's Literature and Language Department
- Robin Willard of Chicago Public Library's Teen Services Department
- Sasha Neri of Chicago Public Library's Maker Lab and General and Information Services Department