Calling all Explorers at Play: Send us a video sharing what you read or learned this summer and you'll be entered in a drawing for a laptop.
To enter, make a video and send it to CPLkids@chipublib.org. Include your name, your parent’s name, your age, your library branch and a contact phone number in case you win.
Making a video to send in is simple--you can make one on a smartphone, tablet or other device. In your video, share a description of what you read or learned and your thoughts about it.
Don’t know what to say? Try answering one of these questions in your video:
- What was your favorite part of what you read or learned?
- Recommend what you read or learned to a friend. Why might they like it?
- What is something new you learned?
Here are some tips to make your video even better:
- Don't forget to turn your phone horizontal.
- Include a shout-out to your library branch.
- If you’re sharing what you read, don’t forget to include a title!
- Keep it short and sweet. Under 60 seconds is best!
- Your face does not need to be in the video—try filming the cover of a book or your creations while you talk from behind the camera.
Have questions? Ask a librarian or call 312-747-4780.
- By emailing your video to CPLkids@chipublib.org, you give CPL permission to post it on our website and social media, including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
- Each email counts as one entry in the drawing for the laptop. You may submit more than one video, but please send only one video per email. Keep the video size to 150 MB or under.
- Videos must be submitted between June 24 and August 17. One winner will be selected and contacted after September 1.
- Children of CPL employees are not eligible to win.
This prize has been made possible by a donation to the Chicago Public Library Foundation.