Public Meeting Notice
The October 11, 2023 meeting of the Chicago Public Library Board of Directors will be hosted in person at the Altgeld Library at 955 E. 131st Street. Entry into the branch will be granted at 8:45 a.m.
- Written statements are the preferred method of public comment and will be accepted up to 24 hours in advance of the meeting at email@example.com.
- Members of the public and staff that attend the meeting in person will be granted an opportunity to speak towards the end of the meeting.
- Selected speakers will be provided with up to 2 minutes of comment.
Wed, October 11, 2023, 9:00 a.m.
Altgeld, 955 E. 131st Street
- Welcome to Altgeld Branch (info only)
- Approval of minutes for the May 16, 2023 meeting (action required)
- Administration and Finance Report (info only)
- Programming Update (info only)
- Operations and Facilities Report (info only)
- Commissioner’s Report (info only)
- Enhancing Safety and Security at CPL
- American Library Association Annual Conference Highlights
- "Library for the People" Podcast Launched
- 2023 One Book, One Chicago Selection
- Comcast's Support for Digital Equity Initiatives
- Banned Books Week 2023: "Let Freedom Read"
- Capital Strategy Update
- Chicago Public Library Foundation Report (info only)
- Other Business
- Public Comment
Next Board meeting: November 21, 2023, 9:00 a.m. / Blackstone, 4904 S Lake Park Ave