Public Meeting Notice
The May 16, 2023 meeting of the Chicago Public Library Board of Directors will be hosted in person at the Harold Washington Library Center. Entry into the meeting room will be granted at 8:45 a.m.
- Written statements are the preferred method of public comment and will be accepted up to 24 hours in advance of the meeting at email@example.com.
- Members of the public and staff that attend the meeting in person will be granted an opportunity to speak towards the end of the meeting.
- Selected speakers will be provided with up to 2 minutes of comment.
May 16, 2023, 9:00 a.m.
Harold Washington Library Center
Lower-Level Multi-Purpose Room
- Approval of minutes for the January 18, 2023 meeting (action required)
- Administration and Finance Report (info only)
- Programming Update (info only)
- Operations and Facilities Report (info only)
- Commissioner’s Report (info only)
- Chicago Public Library Leadership Team Presents 2023 Priorities and Opportunities to Mayor-Elect's Transition Team
- Chicago Public Library Recognized by City Council for 150 Years of Service and Impact on Local Communities
- Chicago Public Library's 2022 Annual Report
- The Renaissance Project: Expanding Access to Black History Archives through $2M Mellon Grant
- Congressman Chuy García Invests $2 Million in Lozano Branch Library Update
- Book Bans, Censorship, and Civil Liberties Panel Discussion
- Unveiling of Wintrust Mural Honoring CPL's 150th Anniversary
- Chicago to Host American Library Association Annual Conference
- Podcast Celebrating CPL's 150th Anniversary and Its People
- Chicago Public Library Foundation Report (info only)
- Other Business
- Public Comment
Next Board meeting: September 19, 2023, 9:00 a.m. / Location: TBD