Chicago Public Library and Chicago Public Schools are joining forces to ensure all students have access to the great resources of the public library with our Back to School Library Card Initiative. As part of President Obama's ConnectEd campaign, CPL has distributed Library Card Kits to all CPS schools. To participate in this program, a designated CPS staff member should:
- Contact their local library to obtain library card applications
- Distribute information and applications to teachers and students in their school
- Return completed applications to their library (Applications returned by October 16 will receive their library cards by November 30)
- Make arrangements to pick-up library cards from their library
- Distribute library cards to students
A library card will ensure that students' have access to a wide range of resources at the library, including online databases, homework help through Brainfuse, public internet terminals, materials for Science Fair and Metro History Fair and much, much more!
For more information about the Library Card Initiative, contact your local library or Children's Services at 312-747-4780.