What do you want to learn?
Do you know you can learn new skills through an online course at the library in a learning circle?
A learning circle is a study group for learners who want to complete massive online courses (MOOCs), together and in-person. Think of it like a book club, but for an online course. It's fun, it's informal and it's free!
Librarians serve as facilitators for the groups, which meet at the library once a week for 90 minutes, for six to eight weeks depending on the course. It's an award-winning program, developed by P2PU, that started right here in Chicago in 2015 and has since spread throughout the country. These circles start in September or October; please be sure to join the group in the first or second week.
Fall Learning Circles
- Citizen Politics in America at Blackstone
- Mindfulness for Well-Being at West Town
- Programming: Android Basics at the Maker Lab at Harold Washington Library Center
- Social Entrepreneurship at Hall
- Social Entrepreneurship at Harold Washington Library Center
- Start Writing Fiction at Harold Washington Library Center
- Start Writing Fiction at Jeffrey Manor
- Start Writing Fiction at North Austin
- USA LEARNS (Basic English) at West Belmont
- Writing for Business Success at Woodson Regional Library