We all know what happens when a sly, hungry fox meets a sweet, plump goose—or do we? Find out in Mo Willems' book That Is NOT A Good Idea!, a CPL Best of the Best pick for 2013 and the featured book for April’s family activity.
Explore the book further by sharing these questions and activities with your family:
- Before reading the book, what did you think was going to happen? How was the actual ending different from what you expected? What did you think about the end of the story?
- Mo Willems always hides the Pigeon, in his books. Can you find Pigeon, or any other familiar characters, in this book?
- Have you ever thought that something was not a good idea? What did you do about it?
- What are some really good ideas that you have had?
- When movies were first made, they had pictures but no sound. This book is told in the style of old silent movies. Act out a scene or story without making any sound.
- Think of a story that you know, and write or tell a different ending for it to make it a surprise.
- Explore additional activities on Mo Willems' website.
Try these other fun activities related to That is NOT a Good Idea!
Bookamania is made possible by a generous grant from Target Corporation through the Chicago Public Library Foundation.