The course, Getting a Job Using Illinois workNet, is for adults who are looking for work, whether they are unemployed, underemployed or just looking for a change. It's simple, interactive and includes supporting materials—and it's available in Spanish!
The course takes less than an hour to complete. It's divided into 7 short lessons that break down the complicated job-seeking process using the most helpful resources on Illinois workNet:
- Steps to Getting a Job: Helps you understand the attitude, preliminary process and organization needed for a successful job search
- Deciding Jobs to Consider: Guides you through signing up for an account and using the assessment tools
- Organizing the Job Search: Keep track of everything with the job search record worksheet
- Preparing Your Resume and Cover Letter: Shows you the best way to create your resume and cover letter using Resume Builder
- Searching Jobs: How to search for jobs relevant to your needs and qualifications using Illinois workNet Jobfinder
- Applying for Jobs: All of the steps to submit an online application
- Interviewing & Following Up: Gives you realistic tips on how to follow through on all those applications and interviews
These are just a sample of the 25+ simple digital skills courses on Chicago DigitalLearn. Learn more about Chicago DigitalLearn with our post Grow Your Computer Skills with Chicago DigitalLearn, or go ahead and get started!