Join us as we explore the people and places that make Chicago great. Explore Chicago's rich heritage of immigration and migration, and how newcomers made the city their own and influenced and changed its growth and future. This series is hosted by urbanologist Max Grinnell.
Episode 3:Along State Street That Great Street: Telling the Story of Well Known and Lesser Known Arrivals
In this episode, we'll walk along Chicago's legendary State Street and learn about how migrants and immigrants have taken their place along this historic corridor, and how it continues to reflect a legacy of newcomers to the city.
Want to recreate this tour on your own? Here are the places we visited:
- Harold Washington Library Center, 400 South State Street
- Goldblatt’s Building / DePaul Center, 1 East Jackson Boulevard
- State and Madison corner
- Carson Pirie Scott Building, 1 South State Street
- The Singer Building, 120 South State Street
- C.D. Peacock Jewelry, 101 South State Street
- The Berghoff Restaurant, 17 West Adams
- Heald Square, 35 East Wacker