Join us as we explore the people and places that make Chicago great. Explore Chicago's rich heritage of immigration and migration, and how newcomers made the city their own and influenced and changed its growth and future. This series is hosted by urbanologist Max Grinnell.
Episode 2: Crossing Borders: Public Art From Here and There
In this episode, we'll explore public art in Chicago from around the world, how it came to Chicago and how various cultures have influenced Chicago's art world.
Want to recreate this tour on your own? Here are the places we visited:
- The Chicago Picasso, 50 West Washington Street
- Miro's Chicago, 77 West Washington Street
- Monument with Standing Beast, 100 West Randolph Street
- Four Seasons, 10 South Dearborn Street
- Muddy Waters Mural, 17 North State Street
- Events in the Life of Harold Washington, 400 South State Street
- Imagine if We Could Tolerate Each Other's Differences, 916 South Wabash Avenue
- Agora, 1135 South Michigan Avenue