When he decides to stand up for another student who is being bullied, 12-year-old Zack Delacruz sets himself up to lead the sixth grade in their fundraiser for the school dance along side the bully. Things only get worse when it turns out that the top salesperson has been eating the chocolate, not selling it. Can Zack find a way to save the day?
Questions and Activities
- Zack attends Davy Crockett Middle School in San Antonio, Texas, home of the Alamo. Who was Davy Crockett and why should we "remember the Alamo"?
- The sixth grade is selling chocolate so they can attend the school dance. Think about what you could do to raise funds for your school.
- When Zack stages his intervention or peer mediation to help Janie with her eating problem, he creates a tip sheet. What would you put on your tip sheet?
- Did you know that National Punctuation Day is a real day? Find out what "National Day" we are celebrating today.
- Get ready to head back to school with one of these other school-themed reads.
Learn more about this month's Author of the Month in our Q&A with Anderson about his writing process.