- Wrightwood-Ashburn Branch was dedicated August 21, 1997.
- The community was annexed to Chicago in 1889 and was home to Chicago’s first airfield, the Ashburn Flying Field.
- Wrightwood-Ashburn Branch features artwork funded through the Percent for Art Ordinance administered by the City of Chicago Public Art Program, including:
- a mixed media piece entitled “Pastime” by Ron Pokrasso
- stained glass by Candida Alvarez
- a relief by Anthony Brankon
- a painting by Gerald Griffin