Walker Branch is closed for building improvements from October 21 through December 7.
- Morgan Park
- Mount Greenwood
- West Beverly
- West Pullman
- Walker Branch was designed by architect Charles S. Frost in the Richardson Romanesque style.
- It is listed in the Chicago Historic Resources Survey.
- The exterior walls, built in 1890, are the oldest structure owned by Chicago Public Library.
- The branch was built and donated by George Clark Walker, a pioneer Chicago businessman and a founder and president of the Blue Island Land and Building Company.
- Walker Branch features artwork funded through the Percent for Art Ordinance administered by the City of Chicago Public Art Program, including:
- murals entitled “Knowledge That Books Give” by Oscar Romero
- a ceramic tile installation by David Russick