- Near West Side
- Little Italy
- University Village
- Illinois Medical District
- Library services to the Near West Side can be traced to 1891, when Reading Room No. 5 opened at Hull House.
- The library was named Roosevelt Branch in 1924, and occupied several locations in the vicinity of Taylor Street, Roosevelt Road and Halsted Street before opening at 1101 W. Taylor Street in 1998.
- In 2019, the branch moved to 1336 W. Taylor Street and reopened as the Little Italy Branch. This location is part of an innovative partnership between Chicago Public Library and the Chicago Housing Authority to co-locate housing with library services.