Douglass Branch is closed for renovations.
- North Lawndale
- Originally designed in the art deco style and built in 1929, the Douglass Branch was redesigned in 1980 and rededicated in 1981.
- It is named in honor of former slave and abolitionist Frederick A. Douglass (ca. 1817-1895).
- Douglass Branch features artwork funded through the Percent for Art Ordinance administered by the City of Chicago Public Art Program:
- four felt banners designed by artist Emilio Cruz