Spiders may seem creepy to some, but their existence is vital to the earth. Most spiders don't harm humans; they help them by keeping gardens free of pests. They also help recycle dead animals and plants back into the earth. Spiders are also a food source for many small mammals, birds and fish. What would happen if all spiders were suddenly gone from the earth?
- What do spiders eat?
- How do spiders capture their prey?
- When do spiders become a pest themselves?
Think About It
- What makes spiders different from other insects?
- How do spiders help humans?
- How do we effect spiders? Are "city" spiders effected by noise pollution?