Stop by the Mini Maker Lab to:
- Create your own designs and fabricate them with the push of a button
- Learn about the Chicago maker community and how you can get involved
- Try out free software that you also can download at home
- Learn about the educational and career opportunities available in computer-aided design
- Monday and Wednesday: 1:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday and Thursday: 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Friday: closed
- Two Up! Mini 3D Printers
- Two Silhouette Cameo Vinyl Cutters
- One Kinect Camera to scan 3D printed busts
- Additional crafting supplies
The Mini Maker Lab will feature making workshops like:
- Get Scanned and Print a 3D Bust
- Create a Vinyl Sticker
- Create a Patterned Greeting Card
- Create 3D Earrings
- Create a 3D Key Chain
- Create a Vinyl Heat Transfer
- Use a Hacked Electronic Knitting Machine
Using the Mini Maker Lab
Although workshops are intended for ages 14 and up, we can accommodate a school-age child sharing a work station with a parent or guardian. For more information, or to register for classes, call (312) 744-8313.
Mark Your Calendar
Our third Mini Maker Lab takes place at the Little Village Branch from October 13 to November 22.