Buckner Stith Morris
Second Mayor of Chicago
Frank, S.B. Chicago: Memorable Events and the Mayors We’ve Had. S.B. Frank, 1894. SPE CCW 41/14
- March 6, 1838
- Defeated William Jones (Democrat)
Term of Office
- August 19, 1800
- Augusta, Ky.
- 1827: Admitted to the bar
- 1832: Married Miss Evilina Barker of Mason County, Ky.
- 1839: Elected alderman of Sixth Ward
- 1847: First wife died, leaving two daughters
- 1848: Became a Mason and eventually reached the highest degree attainable in America
- 1850: Married Miss Eliza A. Stephenson
- 1855: Second wife died, leaving one son.
- 1856: Married Mrs. M.E. Parrish, sister of his two business partners
- December 16, 1879
- Rosehill Cemetery, Chicago
- Andreas, A.T. History of Chicago: From the Earliest Period to the Present Time. A.T. Andreas, 1884–86.
- Grossman, James R., Ann Durkin Keating and Janice L. Reiff, editors. Encyclopedia of Chicago. University of Chicago Press, 2004.
- Visitors Guide to Historic Rosehill. Rosehill Cemetery & Mausoleum, 1987.