Isaac Lawrence Milliken
13th Mayor of Chicago
- March 13, 1854
- Defeated Amos G. Throop (Temperance)
- March 15, 1854: Inaugural Address
Term of Office
- August 29, 1815
- Saco, Maine
- Trained as a blacksmith
- Married Miss Almira Done of Racine, Wis.; they had no children
- Served two terms as alderman, as member of Board of Health, as assistant county judge and as police justice
- Later left the Democratic Party to become a Republican
- December 2, 1889
- Rosehill Cemetery, Chicago
- Andreas, A.T. History of Chicago: From the Earliest Period to the Present Time. A.T. Andreas, 1884–86.
- Chicago Daily Tribune, December 3, 1889, p. 6.
- Chicago Daily Tribune, December 6, 1889, p. 6.
- Grossman, James R., Ann Durkin Keating and Janice L. Reiff, editors. Encyclopedia of Chicago. University of Chicago Press, 2004.