Frank J. Corr
36th Mayor of Chicago
- March 14, 1933
- Elected by City Council following the death of Mayor Anton J. Cermak to serve as acting mayor pending a special election
- March 15, 1933: Inaugural Address text unavailable; comments reported in the Chicago Tribune
Term of Office
- January 12, 1877
- Brooklyn, N.Y.
- 1899: Graduated from Kent College of Law
- 1902: Took job as assistant corporation counsel
- Married Mary Burke; they had no children
- 1931: Elected alderman of 17th Ward
- 1933: Served 29 days as acting mayor
- 1934: Died the day before election where he was an uncontested candidate for judge of the circuit court
- June 3, 1934
- Holy Sepulchre Catholic Cemetery, Worth, Ill.
- Chicago Daily Tribune, March 15, 1933, p. 1.
- Chicago Daily Tribune, June 4, 1934, p. 1.
- Chicago Daily Tribune, June 5, 1934, p. 27.
- Grossman, James R., Ann Durkin Keating and Janice L. Reiff, editors. Encyclopedia of Chicago. University of Chicago Press, 2004.