We're looking forward to improving your library!
Construction Taking Place in 2016-17
Woodson Regional Library is closed for construction. The building is expected to reopen in late 2017. Improvements underway:
- A complete building envelope replacement including new roof, exterior walls and windows
- Upgrades to flooring, lighting and paint in lobby and other public areas
- Build out of new early childhood space
- Updated guardrails and handrails on monumental stairway
- Construction of two study rooms on the 2nd floor
- Addition of two parking spots for people with disabilities
During the closure, selected pieces from the Harsh Collection will be available at Harold Washington Library Center. In order for staff to prepare for Woodson's reopening, the last day for research appointments to use materials from the Harsh Research Collection is September 30.
Other Recent Improvements
- New YOUmedia space for teens built in 2015
- Lighting and ceiling replacement
- Fire alarm system upgrade