Calling all kids 8 to 13! Are you interested in learning to fly a drone? Program a robot? Make an app? Code your clothes? Drop into one of our Coder in the Library locations and learn to code at your own pace. A resident teacher will be available to work with kids who come into the library during scheduled hours.
Visit one of these locations starting July 1 to start coding!
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 1 to 4 pm
- Budlong Woods, through August 15
- Dunning, through August 15
- Brighton Park, through August 1
- Chinatown, through August 1
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 1 to 4 pm
- Greater Grand Crossing, through July 25
- South Chicago, through August 15
For more opportunities to learn coding this summer, check out our Playgramming Middle School Coding Camps.
This program is created in partnership with Chicago Public Schools and Northwestern's Center for Excellence in Computer Science Education.