Calling all Earth Explorers: Send us a video sharing what you read or learned this summer and you'll be entered in a drawing for a laptop.
How do I participate?
Make a video sharing something you read or learned during the Summer Learning Challenge.
Using a smartphone, tablet or other device.
Don’t know what to say? Here are some ideas:
- Include a shout-out to your library branch.
- If you're sharing a book, include the title and author.
- Share your favorite part of what you read or learned.
- Explain why you would recommend what you read or learned to a friend.
- Tell what's new or interesting about what you learned.
Don't want to show your face? Film the cover of the book or your creations while you talk from behind the camera
To enter, send your video to email@example.com. Be sure to include your name, your parent’s name, your age, your library branch and your phone number.
Have questions? Ask a librarian or call 312-747-4780.
- By emailing your video to firstname.lastname@example.org, you give CPL permission to post it on our website and social media, including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
- Each email counts as one entry in the drawing for the laptop. You may submit more than one video, but please send only one video per email. Keep the video size to 150mb or under.
- Videos must be submitted between June 18 and September 1. One winner will be selected and contacted after September 1.
- Children of CPL employees are not eligible to win.
This prize has been made possible by a donation to the Chicago Public Library Foundation through Dell Computing.