Chicago Public Library will migrate to a new library management system starting at 5 a.m. Thursday, April 13 and ending Friday, April 21. This system is the tool we use to manage services such as issuing library cards, checking out materials and placing holds.
During this time, you must bring your library card with you to the library to check out materials, use public computers or pay for printing. We will not be able to look up your account using any other form of ID.
Between April 13 and April 21, you will be unable to:
- Log into the CPL website and app to use your account
- Place or manage holds
- Pay fines
- Find up-to-date information about availability of materials on the website or in our locations
During this time, you will be able to:
- Use OverDrive, Hoopla, OneClickdigital and Zinio
- Access CPL’s online resources
- Reserve a computer online
- Use CPL’s public computers
- Print from CPL’s public computers
- Reserve meeting and study rooms online
Due dates for some materials are being extended to accommodate this project. Between now and April 13, please check your checkout receipt or the Checked Out page in your account to confirm due dates.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to improve our services.