Confused about the Affordable Care Act? Miss last year's chance to sign up for health insurance? Renewing coverage for another year and want to know what your options are? State-certified health insurance navigators will be available at the Budlong Woods Branch:
- Wednesday, December 10, noon to 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday, December 13, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at a special event sponsored by Asian Human Services
- Wednesday, December 17, noon to 4:30 p.m.
Here are five things you should know about signing up for and/or renewing your coverage:
- December 15 is the deadline to renew or sign up for coverage for the first time and start the new year with a new health plan.
- New insurance plans are available in the marketplace from some of the top carriers in the state.
- Your cost may have changed for 2015. You should review your plan to see if your rates or your amount of financial help will change in January.
- If you do nothing, your current plan may be auto-renewed (if available) and you may miss out on a better deal and cost savings.
- You don’t have to do it alone. Free in-person assistance from trained professionals is available throughout the state. Speak to a health insurance navigator at one of the events at Budlong Woods Branch, call (866) 311-1119 to schedule an appointment or visit GetCoveredIllinois.gov to find help near you.