We'll hold events throughout the day:
- Ask a Genealogist: Professional genealogists and librarians are available for short one-on-one consultations.
- Genealogy & Family History Expo: Speak with representatives from The Newberry Library, National Archives, Story Corps and Photo Graphix.
- Genes for the Genealogist: Learn the secrets of DNA and put this powerful complement to paper-trail research in your tool kit.
- The History of Your House: Learn how to find out information about your Chicago home.
- Walking Tour of Harold Washington Library Center: Genealogist Craig Pfannkuche discusses how the library’s collections may be used for family history research in Chicago.
- Wonderful Websites: Real Records Online: Review websites that contain original genealogical records.
- Introduction to the ChicagoAncestors.org Website: Information about historic Chicago neighborhoods, churches, buildings and events.