iOS app, which you can use to manage your checkouts, place holds, find new titles and more.We've released a much-improved version of our
A corresponding update to our Android app is coming in 2020.
If you already have the previous version of the CPL iOS app, you'll get the new app as an update. If you don't already have the app, you can find it in the App Store by searching for Chicago Public Library. You must have iOS 11 or higher to download the new version of the app.
Use the new app to:
- See what you have checked out
- Place holds
- Renew materials
- Search the CPL catalog
- Keep track of what you’ve read and would like to read
- Browse new titles
- Find upcoming events at your preferred location
- View hours, locations and contact information
- Use the app to show your library card when checking out materials in person
- Scan the barcode of a book, DVD or CD to search for it in CPL’s catalog