Na Zdrowie! (Cheers!) Join CPL in celebrating Polish American Heritage Month in October with events and exhibits around the city.
Our celebration of the rich culture of “the Land of Fields” and its descendants kicks off with a film screening of Avalon, a poignant immigrant family saga, on Tuesday, October 1 at Harold Washington Library Center.
Our keynote event, a concert by the Polkaholics, featuring a crowd-favorite mix of punk rock and high-speed polka, is Sunday, October 20 at Sulzer Regional Library.
We'll have more than 40 events for all ages around the city. Highlights include:
- Kopytka and Kimchi: Connecting and Celebrating the Diaspora with Chef Kim, not-to-miss events for true foodies.
- Poppy Bouquet Paper Craft, Upcycling Wooden Slats into Picturesque Art and Wycinanki: The Art of Polish Paper Cutouts: Fun—and stunning—craft workshops led by local Polish American artists.
- Book discussions exploring Polish-themed novels and works by Polish authors.
- Storytellers Lynne Clayton and Megan Wells share Polish tales for kids.
- Open Game Day, an events for teens featuring popular video games from Polish designers.
- Polish language events