We're seeking local artists with disabilities to exhibit at CPL locations throughout the year. We welcome submissions from artists with physical, hearing, visual and learning disabilities as well as individuals with invisible disabilities and psychological disorders. Exhibits are arranged by CPL in celebration of the contributions and achievements of individuals with disabilities and may last four to 12 weeks.
Artists with disabilities who live in Chicagoland (city and suburbs).
Chicago Public Library neighborhood branches. Accepted artists will be matched with appropriate locations and will need to set up and take down their artwork. Submit any travel restrictions (for example, close to CTA) with your application.
Exhibit Case Dimensions
Exhibit cases vary by location. For this reason, please include the dimensions of your proposed exhibit in your application.
To be considered, please submit the following (all in one document if possible):
- Resume or CV
- Contact information including email, home address and phone number
- Brief description of proposed exhibit
- Artist statement (150 words maximum)
- Two to five images of artwork with dimensions and medium
- Indications of travel restrictions
- Indications of preferred location
- Indication of whether we may add your proposal to the Chicago Artist Files, opens a new window
Email entries to email@example.com by February 23. Artists will be notified by March 1.