We're seeking local Latinx visual artists and/or artwork with Latinx themes to exhibit at CPL locations during Hispanic Heritage Month, September 15 to October 15. Exhibits may last four to 12 weeks.
Latinx visual artists who live in Chicagoland (city and suburbs) and/or artwork with Latinx themes.
Chicago Public Library neighborhood branches and Harold Washington Library Center. Accepted artists will be matched with appropriate locations and will need to set up and take down their artwork. Submit any travel restrictions (for example, close to CTA) with your application.
Exhibit Case Dimensions
Exhibit cases vary by location. For this reason, please include the dimensions of your proposed exhibit in your application.
To be considered, please submit the following (all in one document if possible):
- Resume or CV
- Contact information including email, home address and phone number
- Brief description of proposed exhibit
- Artist statement (150 words maximum)
- Two to five images of artwork with dimensions and medium
- Indications of travel restrictions
- Indications of preferred branch
- Indication of whether we may add your proposal to the Chicago Artist Files
Email entries to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 p.m. June 30. Artists will be notified by July 9.