Online Meeting Recording
Recording of the September 20, 2022 meeting of the Chicago Public Library Board of Directors
Public Meeting Notice
Board of Directors
Chicago Public Library/Chicago Public Library System
September 20, 2022, 9:00 a.m.
The September 20, 2022 meeting of the Chicago Public Library Board of Directors will be hosted virtually.
Copy and paste the following link into your browser to access the meeting. https://livestream.com/accounts/28669066/events/9243422
A summary of the public comment portion is available below:
- Written statements are the preferred method of public comment and will be accepted up to 24 hours in advance of the meeting at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Public comment will take place at the end of the meeting. Members of the public wishing to speak must complete the speaking request form, ahead of the meeting. You may access the form on the Board of Directors agenda post on the CPL website. Forms must be submitted by 10 a.m. on Mon, September 19th.
- A maximum of 5 members of the public will be permitted to comment. Selected speakers will be chosen on a first-come, first-serve basis. Each will be given instructions on how to provide up to 2 minutes of comment.
The date to submit a request has passed.
September 20, 2022, 9:00 a.m. / Virtual Meeting
- Approval of minutes for the May 17, 2022 meeting (action required)
- Schedule of Requisitions, Contracts and Licenses (info only)
- Student Success Account – Re: Teachers (action required)
- Programming Update (info only)
- CPL Capital Projects and Facilities Report (info only)
- Commissioner’s Report (info only)
- One Book, One Chicago
- Book Sanctuary
- Mental Health Clinician
- Commissioner Brown at City Club Chicago
- Obama Branch Library Update
- All Staff Institute Day (ASID)
- Budget Timeline
- Black Caucus Award for Excellence in Librarianship
- New Hires and Retirements
- Chicago Public Library Foundation Report (info only)
- Other Business
- Public Comment
Next Board meeting: November 9, 2022, 9:00 a.m. / Virtual Meeting