Please read carefully below for updated admission procedures and check with the museums directly for the most up-to-date information.
Checking out the Museum Passport does not guarantee museum admission. Passport due dates cannot be extended to accommodate a later admission.
Museum Passports set to expire on May 31, 2021 have been extended to expire on December 31, 2022. The Museum Passports will state that they expire on May 31, 2021, but participating museums will continue to honor them through December 31, 2022.
Unless otherwise noted:
- The Kids Museum Passport allows a family of four general admission during regular hours.
- A group must include at least one child under 18 for the pass to be valid.
- A maximum of two adults are admitted with each pass.
- All tickets must be reserved online, in advance of your visit. A guest with a pass can reserve their tickets on the Kids Museum Passport page on the Adler Planetarium website. Guests will need to display the pass with their tickets to be admitted.
- American Writers Museum
- Art Institute of Chicago
- Bronzeville Children's Museum
- Brookfield Zoo
Chicago Botanic Garden
- Free parking for one vehicle (one car/van vehicle per entry).
- Present your Chicago Public Library pass at the entry gatehouse and at the entrance to the Visitor Center.
Chicago Children's Museum
- Kids Museum Passport holders can obtain free general admission tickets on-site at the box office as walk-ins.
- Guests must follow vaccine requirements.
- Chicago History Museum
- DuSable Museum of African American History
- The Field Museum
Illinois Holocaust Museum & Education Center
- Kids Museum Passport holders must make a reservation in advance for free General Admission tickets. Call 847-967-4862 at least 24 hours in advance of your visit to reserve tickets.
- Guests will need to present their Kids Museum Passport when they arrive for their scheduled date/time.
Lincoln Park Zoo
- 10 percent discount on food and retail purchases for a family of four; admission is always free.
- McCormick Bridgehouse & Chicago River Museum
- Museum of Contemporary Art
Museum of Science and Industry
- Kids Museum Passport holders can either enter as walk-ins or make a reservation in advance for free General Admission tickets. To make a reservation, call (773) 684-1414.
National Museum of Mexican Art
- 20 percent discount at the museum store for a family of four; admission is always free
National Museum of Puerto Rican Arts & Culture
- 10 percent discount at the museum store for a family of four; admission is always free
- Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum
- Shedd's online ticketing system allows Kids Museum Passport holders to reserve free advance tickets by using a Partner Voucher price type. There is a $3 fee for all online ticket orders.
- Alternatively, guests can call (312) 939-2438 and reserve tickets with a team member at least 24 hours in advance.
- Whether tickets are reserved online or by phone, Kids Museum Passport holders will need to show the pass when they arrive at their scheduled time.
- It is recommended to call or go online for tickets as soon as you check out the pass.