Kids learn language by listening to their parents talk. As you talk to your child, they learn new words and their meanings. Take the time to talk with your child and have conversations around what you are doing throughout the day.
Astronaut Handbook: Get your little astronaut ready to blast off into outer space.
The Three Little Aliens and the Big Bad Robot: An out-of-this-world version of the classic Three Little Pigs.
Talk at Home
- Talk to your child about things you see in the sky during the day and what you see at night
- Ask your child what activities they do during the day, at night or both, such as brushing their teeth, eating breakfast or eating dinner
- Share what you did during the day and have your child share what they did
- Try Monki Birthday Party, a free app for little ones to learn a variety of languages. (Apple | Android)
- Sing or read the poem "Ten Astronauts in a Rocket Ship"
Ten Astronauts in a Rocket Ship
Ten astronauts in a rocket ship
(Touch your fingertips together to make a point of a rocket)
Flying through space gonna make a little trip
(Move hands back and forth)
Going past Mars and Jupiter, too!
Ten little astronauts, what a crew!
(Hold up 10 fingers)