Ravenswood Congregational Church Records

Dates: 1870-1969, undated. Size: 1.5 linear feet in 2 boxes and 43 photographs. Chicago Public Library, Sulzer Regional Library, Northside Neighborhood History Collection. The Ravenswood Congregational Church was founded in the fall of 1869 by the Reverend William A. Lloyd when Ravenswood was a small village. The church closed its doors due to declining membership in 1969. This collection contains news clippings, historical sketches, parish directories, and publications that document the church’s activities such as bulletins, programs, newsletters, correspondence. There are also 2 cookbooks published by the Women’s Society.  The collection also contains 43 photographs which document the church building and some church activities. [Finding aid]